Food For Thought:
1. Don’t get so busy with the Kingdom that you neglect time with the King. You can do too much.
2. You may not be much, but you can be faithful. Dr. Lee Robertson
3. Since philosophy is the love of wisdom, as long as knowledge is in an active state, wisdom should abound. DP
4. He knew me, yet He loved me!
5. Satan desires to have, and then sift! Remember that – also, Christ prayed for Peter in that passage but he still denied! Sure puts our prayers in perspective. DP
6. You may have a stack of positives and negatives, whether spiritually or physically – BUT, are you grounded?
7. Those scholars whom God used to preserve the KJV were spiritual giants, but the scholars today are spiritual pygmies
8. Christianity: who you know – relationship, message: Religion: what you know – ritual, method – Ed DeVries
9. RELIGION is a relationship with a man-driven system (me, me, me, I can get better) but #christianity is a relationship with the God-Man #Christ (Him, Him, Him, I can’t do this on my own) DP
10. Burden given by God, Desire given by God, Calling given by God – Not a Pastor, deacon board, ordination council, or church. DP
11. As Christians, it is paramount that God’s Word is elevated above sinful man. C. I. Scofield, for instance, was a lawyer who was divorced, yet, he is touted as an advantageous construct for God’s Word.
I surmise that depending on your last name, certain errors and improprieties may be overlooked.
Galatians 6:1 is a forgotten duty of the Christian in our churches.
Time to get back to the simple Truths of God’s Word and believe Hebrews 4:12!
Although many “fundamental” Biblebelievers are Baptist, Scofield NEVER was…
Although many “Bible-believers” are opposed to a divorced & remarried man serving in the pulpit, as “pastor”, Scofield WAS divorced-remarried & still pastoring, all at the same time…
Studying to shew thyself approved, as it relates to the characteristics and attributes of the Pastorate, does elude most churches.
Most churches and Pastors give a free pass on all the “qualifications” except one – Easy to set yourself up on a pedestal when you believe you’ve acquired a passing grade on all the “qualifications” except for the ONE.
Time to study to shew thyself approved. DP
12. All religious roads lead to hell – Only one way to Heaven, Jesus! Harold Sightler
13. CE (Common Era) or BCE (Before Common Era) are just two more examples of how the world is trying to do away with our Lord. Continue to use, AD (anno Domini), which means “in the year of the Lord” in Latin, and BC (before Christ). DP
14. A preacher friend in AL and I was discussing the cliquish and selfish attitudes (us 4 and no more) of “Christians” in local churches, schools, and colleges, at any “leadership” level – His response is spot on!
Sadly, it just isn’t in your neck of the woods. The trend is far-reaching. Fortunately, it isn’t quite as bad here in South Alabama, as it was when I was in Tennessee and Texas. Pastors are afraid of someone stealing their sheep.
People have been heartbroken from the pulpit so many times, they are in despair. The life they (50+ years old) knew doesn’t exist anymore, etc… It has become too easy to get mad and start a new church.
In my humble opinion “If you don’t like me now, then I’ll be praying for you because you have to spend all eternity with me”. 😊 OR “since we are to love one another, which is a fruit of the Spirit, then which one of us is without the SPIRIT” Ouch!
15. It’s time for preferential preaching to be replaced with “Thus sayeth the Lord”
16. Many churches will be glad to take a person’s tithe, but a Godly person that was once “disqualified” but now has been restored, has no hope to serve in some capacities. God help us to drop the cloak of fakeness and serve the True God. This is a “here’s your sign” statement, a person isn’t “disqualified” for life, but is if no repentance and still living in sin – So simple. DP
17. Remember, Christian, just because it is “legal” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s right. Don’t think too highly of those we elect.
18. Sign of bad character, going along with something just to get along. Know the difference between convictions and preferences.
May as well use Facebook to share the truth: one of the most prevalent faults with Christians who claim to be saved, is their refusal to follow Ephesians 4:32, “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” DP
19. The Word of God is quick and powerful; not a Christian, counselor, psychologist, friend, manager, preacher, evangelist, Sunday school teacher, on and on – God’s Word is quick and powerful. Hebrews 4:12 DP
20. “Now, if Satan controls the world system, like the news, media, politics, wars, and religions, then we’re being fed nothing but lies. The only things we can trust are the words of God.” Keep this in mind as you weigh in on societal issues.
21. But I’ve preached for years that Paul would not be approved by any modern mission board and would probably not be accepted to a Christian college. He was handicapped, he was a convicted felon, an ex-con who was prone to get rearrested, he had a serious problem with submission to secular authority, he was divorced, he had a besetting sin… need I continue? Ed DeVries
22. As a full night’s sleep rarely visits my longing for slumber, many times I am awakened with thoughts of God’s Word. This is not a statement of gloat, but a testimony to the mercy of God for allowing me to elicit spiritual thought.
This morning around 4:30 am., after a dream that was full of odd happenings, as most are – I awakened with 2 Timothy 2:15 racing through my mind, not an accident, so I mused upon it – The Holy Spirit shared that it’s not the Pastor’s, Evangelist’s, nor the Teacher’s job to perform the studying for ME, it is my responsibility to rightly divide God’s Word.
Remember Christians, not one Pastor, Evangelist, or Teacher has the market on access to the Throne of Grace and the power available through God’s Word. Don’t be duped into wayward teaching that the buck stops at the pulpit. The buck stops at God’s Throne! Don’t be duped by the “big name” preachers and highly marketable church names that you have heard about most of your spiritual life. The buck stops at God’s Throne because the Priesthood of the Believer has only one Authority, Jesus! We have to get back to the truths concerning the home, government, and the church; we are out of whack. DP
23. The Holy Spirit also directed my thoughts to Ephesians 4:11,12;
“And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:” (don’t forget to read 13-16)
Food for thought, as the Lord gave to me early this morning: Do you realize that the word missionary isn’t in the Bible? Of course, the concept is there, no doubt. However, Ephesians lays some interesting groundwork for ministry. If each one of us would do what the Lord has “called” (desire, burden, will, unction) us to do maybe Mark 16:15,16 would produce more fruit. “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.” DP
Paul told Timothy that “This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.”
Dr. Rice used to say that the desire comes from God so if the desire is there and the qualification is there you are probably being called. And even if that is not the case the desire is a good one and God blesses when we do good.
24. God ordained the government, not the politics
25. Almost, carries no weight
26. Do you want Salvation or probation? If you want Salvation, then Eternal Security is yours!
27. Every time we don a mask, socially distance ourselves, take the jab, quarantine, close businesses, or modify our church services – Another nail is driven into the coffin of 1776, the Gift from God that we are willingly tossing back His direction. DP
28. Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. Theodore Roosevelt
29. Don’t allow your spiritual success and credibility to be graded by others – especially by deacon boards, committees, and councils. Be what Christ wants you to be and let others worry about themselves. Submit to Christ as your authority, not man. DP
30. We protect what we love: church, God’s Word, illumination of the Holy Spirit; His Calling, Desires, and Will.
31. No voter ID enables the cheater and shuns the patriot. DP
32. A succinct and true statement is “unaffiliated Baptist by historical distinction rather than by denominational affiliation, holding the authority of the King James Bible.
33. Remember, the constitution isn’t a ticket to a blind following and an unwavering trust in the government but it’s a warning to not trust the government and be ready to push back when they get out of line. DP
34. A lot of so-called theologians and scholars spend their lives making a name for themselves by attempting to figure out God, and then share their findings with us lowly Christians. Time to let God be God, there’s plenty to do within the Word of God. Practice being faithful over a few things, and you’ll have more than you can handle. DP
35. If a regular church service is an inconvenience to you: You’re on spiritual milk, Need spiritual meat, and Aren’t ready for more responsibility as a Pastor, Teacher, Evangelist, Missionary, or Deacon. DP
36. We have victory and it’s time that those in churches who exclude and hold back faithful saints learn this. BTW, if you haven’t fallen, yet, hang on – Pastor, if you have people in the church that have risen, be thankful. Do all that you can do to equip them for a ministry or their calling. Proverbs 24:15-16
15 Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place: 16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. DP
37. If you are a business bent on pushing masks and vaccines and your income is tanking……duh! Wake up and study economics .0001 DP
38. 501(c)3 is not a protection, but it is a ticket that has been used as bait for access into the physical building where we worship. DP
39. Don’t continue to be confused, if the “jab” is for your health because the unjust government cares so much for us, shouldn’t chemo and insulin be free? Hint: #covid is about power, control, and the relinquishing of the gift from God, the #usa DP
40. From a missionary that I highly respect, and by the way, any church would be honored to have this family as their missionary. (Now with the Lord) “The reality is that the child of God is never in limbo, but rather he is always in the good hands of an all-wise Saviour! How cliché that can be, but living out the timing of God is not always a simple matter. It is a battle of wills—His will or my will?”
Have you ever been there? Pray for me as I wisely approach “limbo.”
41. Any mission that our #military participates in that is endorsed and “empowered” by the #FakePresident is ultimately an illegal order, therefore the mission is tainted and illegitimate. DP
42. Are you divorced? Does your local church shun you and offer no hope for servitude and restoration? Do you have the desire to serve? Do you have a calling on your life from the Lord? Well, there is hope, no matter what you’re told at church. DP
43. In our family, we don’t use “step” nor “half” because we are a family, no matter what mainstream #christianity thinks about the #divorce issue. Divorce isn’t what you have been told and taught by most churches. DP
44. Don’t be held back Spiritually! Galatians 6:1 and 1 John 1:9 isn’t exclusive to those who have attained the highest level of favor from God because they are not divorced. (tongue in cheek) DP
45. Yep, a government that thrives on sick people for the big #pharma dollars is giving you the #Jab to keep you healthy.
46. Preachers, you need to be more concerned about #abortion and #sextrafficking than #COVID19 DP
47. Globes and maps are depictions of what the government wants us to know, think about it! Can you prove them right or wrong? Be careful little eyes what you see! DP
48. That God Commands Unlimited Submission to Unjust Government Contradicts God’s Nature. Chuck Baldwin
49. Remember Christian, rejection by your church or anyone in leadership is simply redirection for your Spiritual walk. Prov. 16:9
50. Every good gift is from above, so do you desire to be a Pastor, missionary, teacher, or evangelist? Go for it! God will get you there, no matter what the spiritual naysayers may proclaim.
51. Powerful Statement, “The higher power is naturally and simply a creation of the collective will of every soul in that society for their protection, care, and happiness.” Chuck Baldwin on Romans 13
52. If you’re going to turn your back on someone, at least, use your back to carry them DP
53. Bad things happening to good people? “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we are comforted of God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 and Romans 8:28 – Only one good Person walked the earth and bad things happened to Him.
When Jesus walked the earth, he wasn’t a sissy, or even what we consider a manly man, He was a Man!
Jesus cleared the temple of the money changers, Jesus was a Man!
Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, and was tempted by satan, up to the finale where he told satan to “get thee hence.” Jesus was a Man!
Jesus prayed in the garden when others could not stay awake, and he sweat as it were great drops of blood because of His agony. Jesus was a Man!
Jesus was scourged, with endurance, and without mercy, and most men died from such beatings. Jesus was a Man!
Jesus was mocked, taunted, hailed as a false king, and wore thorns (the very curse placed upon Eden). Jesus was a Man!
Jesus was smitten with a reed and spat upon. Jesus was a Man!
Jesus strove nearly 6 football field lengths to Golgotha and did not die. Jesus was a Man!
Jesus was nailed to a cross by His hands and feet, enduring excruciating pain, suffering, breathlessness, anguish, love, forgiveness, care, and mercy. “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” He was not killed!
Human blood was not flowing in Jesus, but God’s Precious Blood was coursing through Jesus’ veins. Jesus was a Man!
What Jesus experienced would have killed a normal man – Jesus was a Man!
“It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”
“Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.”
Jesus gave His life freely and in His time.
Jesus is: “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
54. Pastor the head of the church or a steward, it’s worth your study. I have the answer.
Something else good for study, as it relates to the organization of the church or a personal business, for that matter.
Read all of chapter 18 but here is an excerpt,
Exo 18:21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:
Exo 18:22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.
Exo 18:23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.
55. I’ve been in church for nearly 50 years, and have learned some hard lessons. One of the most prominent lessons is that Pastors or Churches, once they “attain” prominence and recognition, forget about brotherly love.
As long as you run with their crowd, go to the school the Pastor endorses, and run your family and church as they do, then you may have a shot at fellowship with the “high-browed” church or pastor.
It’s even worse than the above – small local churches and pastors that are doing work will ignore another saint because of the reasons mentioned above.
I suggest that pastors and churches regain love for Ephesians 4:32 and 1 John 3:14
BIG I’s and little u’s are a problem for the IFB
My Pastor teaches, No BIG I’s or little u’s – and I am on board with that!
However, the IFB is riddled with BIG I’s and little u’s. I have tested this truth more than once. If you’re not in the correct “camp” i.e. went to the “correct” school, wear the correct suit, tie, or glasses; rub elbows with the correct pastor, practice the same preferential teaching of the sheep, maintain the same made-up doctrine touted as a fundamental; well, you’re surely not spiritual and no hope of attaining what pastor ‘so and so’ who pastors a big ole’ megachurch in the IFB has attained.
Hebrews 2:11 “For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,”
I could drop a list of pastor names and churches and many of you would start drooling – Newsflash! these men have no more access to the Throne of Grace and the Power of God through His Word than you do.
Prov. 16:18 “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”
Obadiah 1:3,4 “The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground? Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.”
Don’t be duped into believing that the word ‘Baptist’ on a sign connotes a pure proclamation of God’s Word.
Are the people the problem, or is it the pulpit? DP
56. The importance of Galatians 6:1 “Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”
Looks like we all fall into one of those categories from time to time, faults and spirituality.
It’s sad, but true, that if someone in a church falls prey to a sin that is on the top 10 list of the church, that person is likely driven out on a rail, with no hope of restoration. What happens next is appalling, the Pastor will boldly proclaim that we do not endorse that sin, and on and on he’ll go –
However, if a person off the street comes in with that same sin looming, the Pastor makes every effort to draw that person to Christ and make them a hearty part of the flock.
It seems to me that if the premise is “we don’t endorse that sin,” it’s time we extinguish each other from Christian service. Shocker, we all sin, and the hidden sin in a person’s life leads to an arrogance of spiritual attainment and the side-stepping of Galatians 6:1. Why? A person doesn’t need Galatians 6:1 unless their failure becomes visible.
Remember: Spirituality, restoration, and meekness go hand in hand. You can’t have one without the other.
If you are a church leader and do not practice restoration of the saints, you are neither meek nor spiritual. DP
57. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? Don’t forget Moses, Joshua, and Gideon. DP
58. One race so racism does not exist DP
59. Dear Christian, don’t listen to the spiritual naysayers, a setback in your walk with the Lord does not negate your progress.
60. Instead of doing the same thing over and over and over again at your #church that is; following the bulletin, the old moldy order of service, or how #Pastor so and so did in your past – truly have the desire to reach your community! Do something different: a special meeting, women’s meeting, men’s meeting, #music, etc – And invite the whole community, not just the stuffy #Baptist DP
61. Social platforms provide people with a false sense of security, knowledge, confidence, and empowerment. The real test of security, knowledge, confidence, and empowerment is realized when you have the guts to confront a person face to face. DP
62. Important perspective before we offer blind followership: “For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil.” “Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.”
63. An ordinance is A law or an act of a city, municipality, or local government agency. City Councils have the authority to pass ordinances through the Municipal Home Rule Act IC 36-1-3, as long as these ordinances do not conflict with the laws and Constitution of the State of Indiana or of the United States. It is the most binding form of action a City Council can take. Violating an ordinance may be a misdemeanor unless an ordinance makes it an infraction.
Any state or locality can legally bar state agents from enforcing federal gun control. Refusal to cooperate with federal enforcement rests on a well-established legal principle, based on Madison’s advice in Federalist #46, known as the anti-commandeering doctrine.
Simply put, the federal government cannot force states to help implement or enforce any federal act or program. The anti-commandeering doctrine is based primarily on five Supreme Court cases dating back to 1842. Printz v. U.S. serves as the cornerstone.
64. “An unconstitutional law is void and is as no law. An offense created by it is no crime. A conviction under it is not merely erroneous but is illegal and void and cannot be used as a legal cause of imprisonment.” – Ex parte Siebold, 100 U.S. 371 (1879)
“An unconstitutional act is not law. It confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office. It is, in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed.” – Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425 (1886)
“Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them.” –Miranda v. Arizona, 384 U.S. 436 (1966)
“The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must agree. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows: The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is, in reality, no law but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.
“Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it…A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it superseded thereby. No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” – 16 American Jurisprudence 2d, Sec. 177
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law, and no courts are bound to enforce it. The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, whether federal or state, though having the form and name of law, is, in reality, no law, but is wholly void and ineffective for any purpose since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAW, in legal contemplation, IS AS INOPERATIVE AS IF IT HAD NEVER BEEN PASSED.“ – 16 American Jurisprudence 2d, Sec. 256
65. Be still and know that I am God – study to be quiet – Power available in those verses.
Praise the Lord that He’s not the master marionette dangling us through fate with no hope. DP
66. The #calvinist believes that #somelivesmatter
They hang their #salvation on fate – wow, how lonely and mechanical, for without free will, what’s the use? DP
67. If you believe in your mission, and what you are doing – you don’t have to have regrets about the tough calls you make.
68. Been in church a long time and have seen about every church leader and their “hangups” – One thing is for sure, many Pastors place themselves in a “priestly” position as your access to the Truth, and the throne. Do they speak, and you do? Pastors aren’t the head of the church, Christ is!
Surely someone who isn’t a Pastor, deacon, evangelist, or missionary can discern God’s Word, and even better than many of the aforementioned callings. Most churches have no clue what a calling, desire, unction, or good work is. It’s time to not be quiet and stand for those outcasts by the pharisee-ridden attitude in many churches.
Beards, ties, suits, tattoos, pants, music, movies, money –
I’m tired of people disqualifying God from using me like you are so qualified for God to use you. I know I have issues, but the thing about my issues is that they are not hidden, yours are hidden! DP
Go in unto and marry – Is our method for marriage ritual to satisfy the State or God?
69. I’ve been taught that we should study the Bible using the “first mention” approach. If this is accurate, we may be pleasing the government more than we do God. DP
70. Equity and equality are not the same. Equity is the outcome of an investment, so the parts must lend to the successful outcome and equality allows for diverse parts to impartially participate regardless of the outcome. DP
71. Bring them to church. Saturate their lives with the Word of God. Even if they lay on the floor. Even if they need 437 goldfish and a sucker to be quiet. Even if you stand in the back swaying back and forth holding them. Even when it’s hard. Even when your row looks like a small hurricane just came through. Bring them to church. Let them see you worship. Let them see you pray. Let them see you running toward the Savior … because if they don’t see and learn these things from you, who are they going to learn them from?
The world will teach them it’s not a priority. The world will teach them it’s okay to lay out, not to pick up their Bibles. The world will direct them so far off course, confuse them, and misinform them that just being “good” is enough. The world won’t teach them about Jesus. That’s our job.
Bring them to church.
Matthew 18:5-6 And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me. But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea. Teaching kids is a huge responsibility. We must take it seriously and do it well. Prepare well, speak the truth, and remember they are God’s kids first.
72. I saw a good statement today…” be careful when you present truth to ‘power'” that is, those who believe they wield the authority card. Once you challenge them with facts, watch out, for they may expend all their energy protecting their position.
This rule goes for our own judicial, educational, workplace, and church-related organizations. After the quote…ME
73. Very important to challenge/ question the #Judicial system. This includes the #court system and #lawenforcement.
Remember that laws, statutes, codes, policies, etc are given to us by a human – just because we are met with one of the aforementioned doesn’t mean that it is right and good. DP
74. Matthew and John, two of the great penman of God’s Word, not the Authors of the Book, share the great truth that Christ has the Power and Judgment. These two together impress upon us the greatness of Christ’s Authority. Church, layman, deacon, missionary, teacher, pastor — Don’t forget that! DP
75. Laws, codes, statutes, etc – although those exist, for an obvious purpose, which isn’t for the person willing to do right without the compelling of law, we must decide if these laws are to be obeyed. The existence of a law, code, or statute doesn’t constitute the correctness or righteousness of the same. DP
76. Really good thought that I read: your character is what you are and your reputation is what others think you are……maintain your character and ignore everyone else.
77. Remember, A Thompson Chain Reference, Schofield Reference, or any center reference Bible isn’t the best approach to knowing God’s Word. The Scripture is the best commentary on Scripture. I have learned so much over the years that came directly from God’s Word and not another man, because studying to shew yourself approved is a priority. Line upon line and precept upon precept. DP
78. I know it’s painful for the “Christian” who has been indoctrinated that science and NASA are the know-all go-to’s for life – but we must stop forcing God’s Word into #NASA and #science. It’s way past time to begin forcing science and NASA into God’s Word. It’s ok to be a dissenter and think on your own with independent research. Not everything from the desk of a teacher or Pastor is accurate. DP
79. When reading God’s Word; historical value, context, and primary interpretation are important – but, if you cannot apply His Word to your life, the Truth has been discarded. #christianity #hermeneutics #bible #apologetics It doesn’t take a 4-year degree in a Bible college to enjoy all that God has for us in His Word. DP
Spirit bearing witness – Rest assured, if our spirits bear witness, the doctrine is fundamental and the Spirit is uniting truth. Spirit not bearing witness, the issue is a preference and needs to remain a private issue. DP
80. I grew up hearing how bad the SBC is because of its boards, committees, and upper levels of the organization. I was thinking about that today, and considered, at least the people in the church are involved/participating.
In contrast, some of the IFB churches that I’ve attended, prefer the mouths of the “flock” to remain silent, so the head deacon, Pastor, back office meetings, or the money person in the church can bring the already made decisions to the “flock.”
The hope of the deacon, pastor, and money is that the sheep just baaaah and shake their heads yes without dissent after the matter is presented. This is not an exaggeration. Christ is the Head of the Church, period. DP
81. It’s easy to run our mouths, frankly, the other person may not want to hear it. It takes more courage and love to keep our mouths shut. The Bible calls it studying to be quiet. I think that needs to be practiced more if we actually care for people. DP
82. You need to ask yourself why churches will use people for service who have internal hidden scars prior to salvation, but if a person shows their external scars, prior to salvation, they’re not usable. We have a real problem in our churches. #christianity #religion Unfortunately, many of our churches are religious, but not Christian. DP
83. Just a reminder to remove the words unlimited and unconditional from your vocabulary, as it relates to loyalty and dedication to our government, at all levels. Think for yourself and filter your obedience through your own societal, moral, and spiritual filters, and then make a decision about those who have the rule over you. Not all you’ve been taught is the truth. DP
84. I heard an interesting thought today… You know how we’ve been taught to come to Jesus as you are and you can’t clean up first, well, if our churches and Pastors actually meant that………… Maybe we’d have more in the church to share John 3:16 and have a reason for an altar call.
85. We only know what we’ve been taught from government school books. Therein lies the problem. Don’t rest too assuredly upon the science and history you’ve been taught. I have no way to prove what’s been crammed into my head since I was a child. DP Beware of #NASA too
86. If you’ve been a faithful Church goer, at some point, you’ve heard a message in 1 Corinthians 13 (the love chapter).
Actually, it is the charity chapter, as love and charity are not the same. Many who delivers a sermon about 1 Cor. 13 will use the word love when they get to the word charity. For instance, they’ll say, “charity, or love, never faileth.” That’s incorrect.
Now, these same sermoners will say that they believe the Word of God from cover to cover and even the cover. They will say that every word, jot, tittle, and period is perfect, yet they’ll change charity to love, all in the same sermon. They’ll even give us a warning to not tamper with God’s Word, per the warning in Revelation.
Consider that charity is love in action, that is, love with shoe leather. No love, no charity. If you are not willing to manifest your love by word or deed (charity) you do not love. Love and charity are different but complementary. Read 1 Corinthians 13, again, as the charity chapter with love as the catalyst and charity as the outcome. DP